Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi, is one of the original Judo techniques organized by Jigoro Kano. Commonly referred to as a "foot sweep" in English, the foot sweep is a common move in Judo, Sambo, BJJ, and grappling.
The foot sweep is a preferred throw as it can be done with minimal risk to the thrower. That being said, this throw looks simple but requires a considerable amount of drilling to develop the finesse to execute it in live training.
In this instructional, Vlad Koulikov - Judo, Sambo & BJJ black belt, will teach the basic foot sweep along with a variety of combinations. With 17 chapters of instruction, the foot sweep will soon be a powerful weapon in your arsenal!
2. Standard Sasae
3. Sasae off High Collar Pull
4. Double Pop
5. Sasae off the Elbow Weave
6. Sasae off the Shallow Belt Grip
7. Sasae off the Georgian Grip
8. Sasae vs the Georgian Grip
9. Thigh Prop
10. Tai Otoshi to Sasae
11. Sasae with the Leg Grab
12. Sasae off Blocked Te Guruma
13. Sasae off the Duck Under
14. Sase from Over Under Clinch
15. Connection Between Elbow Pull and Lat Pull
16. Sasae Drill
17. Live Samples