Budovideos is the industry leader in martial arts instructional content. Browse our immense library of titles across the spectrum of martial arts. Whether you want to learn Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, MMA, Judo, Muay Thai, Sambo, Aikido, Karate, or any other art you can think of, we've got you covered!
GM Ben Otake developed his Locking System primarily for those who need to control and restrain someone who is non-compliant and/or resisting. Each of his joint locks is based on physics and utilizes body structure and movement, rather than strength, to
control an individual.
Included in this video:
* The basic drill for learning the five main locks and developing the ability to flow into any given technique.
* A step-by-step breakdown of each individual lock showing how it is attained and applied.
* Basic arm and foot movements that are needed for proper application of technique.
* Reversals of common locks.
* Distraction strikes to upset the balance or resistance while a technique is being applied.
* Take downs and restraining positions for the various locks.
* Examples of achieving the locks from either a grab or punch.
* Double hand locks.