GM Ben Otake developed his Locking System primarily for those who need to control and restrain someone who is non-compliant and/or resisting. Each of his joint locks is based on physics and utilizes body structure and movement, rather than strength, to
control an individual.
Included in this video:
* The basic drill for learning the five main locks and developing the ability to flow into any given technique.
* A step-by-step breakdown of each individual lock showing how it is attained and applied.
* Basic arm and foot movements that are needed for proper application of technique.
* Reversals of common locks.
* Distraction strikes to upset the balance or resistance while a technique is being applied.
* Take downs and restraining positions for the various locks.
* Examples of achieving the locks from either a grab or punch.
* Double hand locks.