The best of both Eastern and Western stick fighting techniques
The Art and Science of Stick Fighting video offers complete step by step instruction, with an emphasis on the dynamics of combat. The author draws on thirty years of martial experience, with a comprehensive method of building stick fighting skills.
This unique approach applies to all styles of fighting with the short stick. Its curriculum is streamlined and divided into nine progressive stages of training allowing you to quickly and methodically learn and develop the skills needed for stick fighting.
The video begins with the fundamentals, upon which everything else relies: a stable stance, basic footwork, and an effective guard. From there you’ll learn striking and patterns with the aim of wielding a stick that has become an extension of your body. You’ll progress to advanced techniques such as combating short range weapons (knife), long range weapons (staff), and even techniques to use when your opponent is armed but you are not.
This video features:
· Nine levels progressing from easy to expert
· Detailed step by step instructions, drills, fundamentals, and advanced techniques
· Distance sensing for long, middle, and close-range fighting
· Universal stick fighting principles that apply to any martial art style
· Instructions for building your own training tools
· Stick Fighting warm up and workouts
Whether you are just starting out, or have been practicing stick fighting for years, there is something for everyone in The Art and Science of Stick Fighting.